Little Kentucky River "Zombie" Bridge
It appears that a steel through truss was built in 1919 and replaced with a stringer in 1977. The upper chord and other parts of the truss bridge were chopped off and used for guardrails. NBI showing the 1919 date means that the substructure of the truss bridge was likely reused.
- Steel stringer bridge over Little Kentucky River on Wolfpen Road
- Henry County, Kentucky
- Closed, bypassed with a new bridge and left in place... for now.
- Steel stringer w/murdered trusses as guardrails
Length of largest span: 30.8 ft.
Total length: 127.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.46611, -85.29250 (decimal degrees)
38°27'58" N, 85°17'33" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/648965/4258914 (zone/easting/northing)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2006)
- Inventory numbers
- KY 052-C00027N (Kentucky bridge number)
BH 84574 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2016)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 27.8 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- February 28, 2019: Updated by James McCray: I have placed the title "Zombie" in the bridge's name to accurately reflect its true nature.
- February 28, 2019: Updated by Luke: Noted that the bridge is not a stringer/through truss hybridge, but is a stringer with a corpse on it.
- February 27, 2019: New photos from James McCray
- James McCray - jamesinslocomb [at] yahoo [dot] com