South Main Street Arch Bridge
Photo taken in October 2010 by Calvin Sneed
BH Photo #181064
Although only one span is visible, this bridge is acctually two arch spans, one crosses the underground culvert that carries the Cumberland River, Clover Fork.. pictures show the other span is partially submerged underneath South Main Street.
- Concrete arch bridge over Cumberland River, Clover Fork on South Main Street (State Highway 72) in Harlan
- Harlan, Harlan County, Kentucky
- Open to traffic
- Built 1945
- Concrete through arch
Length of largest span: 149.9 ft.
Total length: 299.8 ft.
Deck width: 24.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.84472, -83.32278 (decimal degrees)
36°50'41" N, 83°19'22" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/292892/4080165 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- KY 048-B00095N (Kentucky bridge number)
BH 18810 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 07/2016)
- Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 17.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2013)
- October 5, 2010: New photos from Calvin Sneed
- Calvin Sneed - us43137415 [at] yahoo [dot] com