The bridge has been washed out, but the twisted remains of the bridge can be seen on the banks of the river.
Photo taken by James McCray
BH Photo #212113
One can see the collapsed sections of the Bowstring Truss in the river and on its banks.
- Lost Bowstring pony truss bridge over Nolin River on a closed section of Harcourt Rd
- Hardin County, Kentucky
- Destroyed by flood
- Built ca. 1880 by the King Iron Bridge Company. Closed to traffic in 1994. Destroyed by flooding in 1997.
- - King Iron Bridge Co. of Cleveland, Ohio [also known as King Bridge Co.]
- Bowstring pony truss
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.55375, -86.01254 (decimal degrees)
37°33'14" N, 86°00'45" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/587219/4156763 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 49502 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 4, 2011: Added by James McCray
- James McCray - jamesinslocomb [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Harcourt Bridge, 1920's - Historical pic of bridge as it was in the 20's and information.