Oakley Clark Collins Memorial Bridge
Bridge full view from old Ironton-Russell Bridge, Kentucky side looking east upriver
Photo taken by Calvin Sneed in August 2016
BH Photo #361371
3-span cable-stayed, with reinforced concrete edge girders. Both approach spans 370 feet each, plus 900-foot channel span. Being built at a cost of $81.4 million dollars (high end $90 million dollars). Contains two Delta-shaped towers with baffle plates and cable ties. Both towers 300.72 feet above river pool, 216.22 above deck. Supported by 120 steel cables between towers, 15 wrapped pairs on Ohio back span, 15 wrapped pairs on Kentucky back span, 30 wrapped pairs on channel span. One abutment with 2 piers on Kentucky span, one abutment with 4 piers on Ohio back span, both Delta towers in river.
- Cable-stayed bridge over Ohio River on South 2nd Street Extention (Ironton)
- Ironton, Greenup County, Kentucky, and Lawrence County, Ohio
- Open to traffic
- Built 2017 to replace original and deteriorating Ironton-Russell Bridge downstream
- - Brayman Construction Corp
Length of largest span: 900.0 ft.
Total length: 1,640.0 ft.
Deck width: 32.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 216.2 ft.
- Also called
- New Ironton-Russell Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.52571, -82.68527 (decimal degrees)
38°31'33" N, 82°41'07" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/353095/4265491 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 547 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 73362 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 10, 2022: New photos from Bambi Sharkoman
- February 24, 2018: Updated by Amanda: Added category "Ohio River"
- September 21, 2016: Added by Jack Schmidt
- August 25, 2016: New Street View added by Calvin Sneed
- Calvin Sneed - us43137415 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Jack Schmidt - jjturtle [at] earthlink [dot] net
- Jesse Sharkoman Berube - jesseberube5 [at] gmail [dot] com