War Mothers Memorial Bridge
Photo taken by James McCray
BH Photo #219155
The bridge won the Award of Merit from the American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC) as the "Most Beautiful Steel Bridge" in Class B in 1938 as the Capital Bridge.
- Steel stringer bridge over Kentucky River on Capitol Avenue
- Frankfort, Franklin County, Kentucky
- Open to traffic
- Built 1938 by the Bethlehem Steel Co.
- - Bethlehem Steel Co. of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 200.1 ft.
Total length: 705.1 ft.
Deck width: 29.9 ft.
- Also called
- Capital Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.19673, -84.87410 (decimal degrees)
38°11'48" N, 84°52'27" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/686158/4229778 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Frankfort East
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numbers
- KY 037-B00063N (Kentucky bridge number)
BH 49968 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of July 2016)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 63.5 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- September 20, 2016: New photos from Jack Schmidt
- October 30, 2011: Added by James McCray
- James McCray - jamesinslocomb [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Jack Schmidt - jjturtle [at] earthlink [dot] net