The US HWY 60 Bridge in Frankfort is known as the Singing Bridge. The bridge has a metal grate style deck which makes a unique "humming" sound when vehicles drive over the structure.
Photo taken by James McCray
Request this photo
BH Photo #110585
Replaced a covered bridge.
- Pennsylvania through truss bridge over Kentucky River on US 60 in Frankfort
- Franklin County, Kentucky
- Open to traffic
- Built 1893; rehabilitated 1956; rehabilitated 2010
- - King Bridge Co. of Cleveland, Ohio
- Pennsylvania through truss
Total length: 405.7 ft.
Deck width: 23.9 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 20.0 ft.
Listed as a contributing resource to the Frankfort Commercial Historic District
- Also called
- St. Clair Bridge
Bridge Street Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.19639, -84.87861 (decimal degrees)
38°11'47" N, 84°52'43" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/685764/4229732 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Frankfort West
- Average daily traffic (as of 2017)
- Inventory numbers
- KY 037-B00065N (Kentucky bridge number)
BH 18782 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of August 2018)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 18.5 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- February 17, 2019: New photo from Carl Crasher
- January 25, 2019: New photo from Melissa Brand-Welch
- August 16, 2017: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- September 20, 2016: New photos from Jack Schmidt
- November 2, 2011: New photos from J.P.
- October 29, 2011: Updated by J.P.: added 2010 rehab date
- October 27, 2011: Updated by J.P.: added builder
- April 9, 2010: New Street View added by Nathan Holth
- May 2, 2009: Updated by C Hanchey
- March 3, 2008: Updated by James McCray
- January 30, 2008: New photos from James McCray
- James McCray - jamesinslocomb [at] yahoo [dot] com
- C Hanchey - cmh2315fl [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Nathan Holth
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Jack Schmidt - jjturtle [at] earthlink [dot] net
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com