Sherburne Covered Bridge 17-35-01x / 17-06-01x
BH Photo #126682
The bridge was closed in traffic in 1977 when KY RT 11 was realigned.
- Lost Howe through truss bridge over Licking River in Sherburne
- Sherburne, Fleming County, Kentucky, and Bath County, Kentucky
- Destroyed by fire
- Originally a privately owned toll bridge. Lost to arson on April 6, 1981.
- - Isaac Kisker
- Suspension tiers and cables were added by KY Highway Department in 1951. This bridge has been listed as the world's only covered suspension bridge, but this classification is incorrect. The suspension elements were integrated into the Howe truss but was an independent structure. A more correct classification is a covered bridge with added suspension elements.
Total length: 253.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.28106, -83.80597 (decimal degrees)
38°16'52" N, 83°48'21" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/254563/4240724 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- WGCB 17-35-01x / 17-06-01x (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
BH 37752 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 1, 2022: New Street View added by Stewart Edwin Beitler
- July 19, 2022: New video from Satolli Glassmeyer
- November 7, 2017: New photo from James Back
- October 18, 2015: Photo imported by Alexander D. Mitchell IV
- June 26, 2014: New photo from james back
- January 13, 2012: New photo from james back
- March 13, 2010: Updated by Bill Eichelberger: Corrected connecting county.
- February 18, 2010: Updated by Bill Eichelberger: Added GPS coordinates.
- October 24, 2008: Added by Bill Eichelberger
- Bill Eichelberger
- james back
- James Back
- Satolli Glassmeyer - info [at] scenicroadrallies [dot] com
- Stewart Edwin Beitler - stubear0430 [at] gmail [dot] com