This vessel is virtually identical to the Green River Ferry, a few miles upstream.
Photo taken by Robert Thompson in May 2006
BH Photo #226555
Ferry crossing, connecting Houchins Ferry Road to Ollie Road.
This part of the Green River used to be connected to the Ohio River by a series of locks and dams. Since the lock at Brownsville KY was closed, the ferry is landlocked. Any maintenance has to be done in place.
- Ferry across Green River
- Brownsville, Edmonson County, Kentucky
- Taken out of service in October 2013. Ferry boat rebuilt for use at Green River Ferry site.
- Ferry crossing, virtually identical to the Green River Ferry several miles upstream.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.20275, -86.23737 (decimal degrees)
37°12'10" N, 86°14'15" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/567675/4117636 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 51590 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 31, 2013: New Street View added by J.P.
- March 4, 2012: Added by Robert Thompson