Old KY 1 Bridge
The bridge originally was for KY Rte 1 prior to around 1951. When US 60 was realigned, the bridge was abandoned. It did hold a water line at one time. US 60 used to turn at Prichard School and go northeast along what is now Robert & Mary, past East Carter Middle School and thence toward Stinson. When they realigned US 60, it extended down past the Chevy dealership and what is now the Raider Mart, and out and over the hills to Stinson. Since there was a new connection to KY 1, this bridge was closed. No identifying placards or marks can be found easily.
- Abandoned truss bridge over Little Sandy River on Rt. 1
- Grayson, Carter County, Kentucky
- Former KY Rt. 1 bridge, abandoned when U.S. 60 realigned through the area.
- Pratt pony truss
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.32938, -82.93727 (decimal degrees)
38°19'46" N, 82°56'14" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/330668/4244136 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 72044 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 30, 2016: Added by Cory Claxon