Old McCool's Creek Bridge
This is the original location of the span that was moved into Carrollton in 2013 August. The dimensions are approximate.
The page documenting the second location of the structure: http://bridgehunter.com/ky/carroll/bh57717/
- Abandoned bowstring pony truss bridge over McCool's Creek on Old alignment of U.S. 42
- Carroll County, Kentucky
- Abandoned until 2013 August when it was relocated for pedestrian service.
- Future prospects
- Moved to Point Park in Carrollton
- Built in 1869, abandonded when Hwy42 alignment changed, prior to 1942
- - King Bridge Co. of Cleveland, Ohio
- Bowstring pony truss
Total length: 60.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.71512, -85.10501 (decimal degrees)
38°42'54" N, 85°06'18" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/664753/4286868 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Vevay South
- Inventory number
- BH 57729 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 23, 2013: Updated by Fmiser: Added reference to the second location
- August 22, 2013: Added by Fmiser
- Fmiser - fmiser [at] gmail [dot] com