North Fork Bridge
Photo taken by Historic American Engineering Record
BH Photo #151162
Oldest Pratt through truss in Kentucky and one of two in the state built by the Smith Bridge Company.
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over North Fork of Licking River on Kentucky State Route 539
- Milford, Bracken County, Kentucky
- Bridge has been replaced.
- Built 1883 by the Smith Bridge Company; Replaced 1983
- - Smith Bridge Co. of Toledo, Ohio
- Single-lane Pratt through truss
Total length: 115.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.0 ft.
- Also called
- KY 539 Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.58083, -84.16624 (decimal degrees)
38°34'51" N, 84°09'58" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/746844/4274071 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numer
- BH 43810 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 1, 2010: Updated by Bill Eichelberger: Bridge has been replaced.
- February 23, 2010: Updated by Bill Eichelberger: Added GPS coordinates.
- December 30, 2009: Updated by Bill Eichelberger: Bridge replaced
- Bill Eichelberger
- HAER KY-2 - North Fork Bridge, Spanning North Fork of Licking River, Milford vicinity, Bracken, KY