The Tyrone "S" Bridge is one of only several of its kind in the nation. To the right of the bridge is the historic Tyrone High Bridge. For more info on the Tyrone High Bridge, see its respective photos/info page.
Photo taken by James McCray
Request this photo
BH Photo #114680
The tolled bridge was constructed in 1931-32 by the Virginia Bridge Company. It was financed through the Murphy Toll Bridge Act.
- Deck truss bridge over Kentucky River
- Tyrone, Anderson County, Kentucky, and Woodford County, Kentucky
- Open to traffic
- Built 1932 by the Virginia Bridge Co., this crossing was extensively rehabilitated in 2006.
- - Virginia Bridge Co. of Roanoke, Virginia
- Three-span Warren deck truss
Length of largest span: 360.0 ft.
Total length: 1,254.0 ft.
Deck width: 30.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Jo Blackburn Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.04083, -84.84667 (decimal degrees)
38°02'27" N, 84°50'48" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/688962/4212534 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numbers
- KY 003-B00003N (Kentucky bridge number)
BH 18706 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of August 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 44 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- January 27, 2021: Updated by Sherman Cahal: Some clarifying remarks
- November 22, 2019: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- September 20, 2016: New photos from Jack Schmidt
- September 28, 2013: New photo from J.P.
- May 28, 2013: New photos from J.P.
- May 25, 2013: New photos from James McCray
- February 7, 2011: Updated by Nathan Holth: Added fabricator/builder per bridge plans.
- April 28, 2010: New Street View added by J.P.
- April 14, 2010: New Street View added by James Baughn
- June 3, 2008: Updated by James McCray