Tod Ranch Road Bridge
Photo taken by Nick Schmiedeler in February 2017
BH Photo #379897
This bridge is on private property. As a courtesy to the owner, please do not visit without permission. Landowner information will not be disseminated through this website.
Bridge was likely built as an Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Bridge in 1887 near Guthrie, Oklahoma. As told, the previous ranch owner and his friend drove past the replacement of the structure. His friend made a joke about buying the bridge, and ranch owner went through on it. It was shipped to Maple Hill via railroad in 1950 and reassembled at this location.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Mill Creek on Tod Ranch Road
- Wabaunsee County, Kansas
- Open to traffic
- Built 1887 as a Railroad Bridge, Moved Here by Private Party 1950
- - Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Works of Leavenworth, Kansas
- - Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (ATSF)
- Pratt through truss
Span length: 140.0 ft.
Total length: 140.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.06840, -96.01420 (decimal degrees)
39°04'06" N, 96°00'51" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/758320/4328610 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Maple Hill
- Land survey
- T. 11 S., R. 13 E., Sec. 30
- Inventory number
- BH 74024 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 10, 2017: New photos from John Marvig
- February 22, 2017: New photos from Nick Schmiedeler
- October 6, 2016: Added by J.P.