Branch Shoo Fly Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Nick Schmiedeler
BH Photo #420839
NBI shows closed in 1992, it disappears after 2008.
- Lost pony truss bridge over a branch of Shoo Fly Creek, 1.2 mi. east of Hunnewell
- Sumner County, Kansas
- Removed but not replaced
- Built ca. 1920
- Pony truss
Length of largest span: 59.0 ft.
Total length: 61.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.99887, -97.37931 (decimal degrees)
36°59'56" N, 97°22'46" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/644210/4095974 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Blackwell NW
- Land survey
- T. 35 S., R. 1 W., Sec. 13
- Average daily traffic (as of 2006)
- Inventory numbers
- KS 000960815207140 (Kansas local bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 18618 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2009)
- Sufficiency rating: 19.4 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 4, 2018: New photo from Nick Schmiedeler