Branch Wakarusa MoPac Landon Trail Bridge
Photo taken by Nick Schmiedeler in December 2018
BH Photo #439131
1918 American Bridge Co. - built plate girder with plaque still attached
- Deck plate girder bridge over Branch of Wakarusa River on Landon Rail to Trail
- Shawnee County, Kansas
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 1918 by American Bridge Co. for MoPac RR, in process of larger, regional total conversion of line to rail-to-trail
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- Deck plate girder, newer cement platform walkway and fence railings for rail-to-trail pedestrian adventurers
Span length: 98.0 ft.
Total length: 98.0 ft.
Deck width: 10.0 ft.
- Also called
- Branch Wakarusa River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.89814, -95.55665 (decimal degrees)
38°53'53" N, 95°33'24" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/278282/4308580 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 83689 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 2, 2018: New photos from Nick Schmiedeler