The Manhattan Mercury: March 31 1972
BH Photo #457438
The wide end panels with collision struts are very unusual for a Whipple truss.
- Lost Whipple through truss bridge over Big Blue River on Dyer Road
- Riley County, Kansas, and Pottawatomie County, Kansas
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built in 1889 by the Wrought Iron Bridge Company; replaced in 1975
- - Wrought Iron Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio
- 10-panel, pinned Whipple through truss
Length of largest span: 240.0 ft.
Total length: 330.0 ft.
- Also called
- Juniata Crossings Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.23761, -96.57130 (decimal degrees)
39°14'15" N, 96°34'17" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/709612/4345956 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 86858 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 7, 2019: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added builder and truss type
- October 7, 2019: Added by Melissa Brand-Welch
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com