Belleville Bowstring Bridge
Photo taken by Robert Elder in August 2017
BH Photo #400792
This could be another surviving piece of a 4-span bridge from Cloud County.
- Bowstring pony truss bridge over Unnamed Stream on Hiking Trail
- Belleville, Republic County, Kansas
- Open to pedestrians only
- Likely built ca. 1876.
- - Wrought Iron Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio
- Bowstring pony truss
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.83183, -97.61861 (decimal degrees)
39°49'55" N, 97°37'07" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/618205/4410004 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Belleville SE
- Inventory number
- BH 77987 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 28, 2017: Updated by Dana and Kay Klein: Added category "Othmar H. Ammann Nominee"
- August 23, 2017: New photo from Robert Elder
- August 22, 2017: New photos from Robert Elder
- July 24, 2017: New Street View added by Robert Elder
- Robert Elder - robertelder1 [at] gmail [dot] com