Crow Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Nick Schmiedeler in April 2019
BH Photo #446432
Cool old thing. Like the lattice. Extremely remote.
On the 2012 NBI but gone in 2016.
- Pony truss bridge over Crow Creek, 16.5 mi. north and 2.0 mi. west of Agra
- Phillips County, Kansas, and Franklin County, Nebraska
- Closed to all traffic
- Built 1905
- Queenpost pony truss
Length of largest span: 40.0 ft.
Total length: 42.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.00205, -99.16487 (decimal degrees)
40°00'07" N, 99°09'54" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/485927/4427997 (zone/easting/northing)
- Land survey
- T. 1 S., R. 16 W., Sec. 6
- Average daily traffic (as of 2011)
- Inventory numbers
- KS 000740625803000 (Kansas local bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 18383 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of March 2013)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 29.8 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 10, 2019: New photos from Nick Schmiedeler