Pine Street Bridge
This seven panel, pin connected Pratt truss carried Pine Street over the Atchison Topeka and Santa Fe (ATSF) Railroad. The bridge has recently been closed to vehicular traffic and placed on the National Register of Historic Places. The bridge remains open to pedestrians and bicycles.
Photo taken by Robert Elder in January 2006
BH Photo #111533
Possibly relocated from a bridge near Quenemo, KS in 1909. The original span there was built 1884, and removed 1905 when the line was double tracked.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Atchison Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad on Pine Street
- Melvern, Osage County, Kansas
- Open to pedestrians
- - Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (ATSF)
- Pratt through truss
- Also called
- Atchison Topeka and Santa Fe Pratt Truss Bridge
5th Street Overpass
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.50523, -95.63544 (decimal degrees)
38°30'19" N, 95°38'08" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/270193/4265165 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 36224 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 6, 2016: New photos from John Marvig
- May 5, 2010: New Street View added by Robert Elder
- March 8, 2010: Updated by Robert Elder: Added Street View link.
- July 30, 2008: Updated by Robert Elder: Updated Categories.
- February 8, 2008: Added by Robert Elder
- Robert Elder - robertelder1 [at] gmail [dot] com
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com