Mosquito Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Nick Schmiedeler in December 2016
BH Photo #372636
Location from UglyBridges data.
- Pratt pony truss bridge over an Mosquito Creek, 1.0 mi. south and 1.0 mi. west of Wetmore
- Nemaha County, Kansas
- Built pre 1900.
- - Wrought Iron Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio
- Pratt pony truss
Length of largest span: 35.1 ft.
Total length: 45.9 ft.
Deck width: 14.1 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.58921, -95.82667 (decimal degrees)
39°35'21" N, 95°49'36" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/257257/4385982 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 5 S., R. 14 E., Sec. 26 and 27
- Inventory numers
- KS 000660981003527 (Kansas local bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 18276 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 13, 2016: Updated by Robert Elder: Changed bridge type and year built.
- December 11, 2016: Updated by Robert Elder: Added categories "Bedstead", "Bedstead Pratt pony truss", "Pin-connected", "Wrought Iron", "Wrought Iron Bridge Co."
- December 10, 2016: New photos from Nick Schmiedeler
- July 3, 2016: Updated by Clark Vance: Location
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com
- Nick Schmiedeler - nick [at] nickschmiedeler [dot] com
- Robert Elder - robertelder1 [at] gmail [dot] com