Murdock Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Nick Schmiedeler in April 2019
BH Photo #446397
This old pony has been replaced, or updated, or whatever, not terribly exciting.
- Pony truss bridge over Murdock Creek on Minor 18.8-A.0, 5.0 mi. west of Summerfield
- Marshall County, Kansas
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built ca. 1930
- Pony truss
Length of largest span: 42.0 ft.
Total length: 44.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.4 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.99972, -96.44833 (decimal degrees)
39°59'59" N, 96°26'54" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/717823/4430845 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Axtell NW
- Average daily traffic (as of 2007)
- Inventory numbers
- KS 000580913803000 (Kansas local bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 18064 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2015)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 22.5 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 10, 2019: New photo from Nick Schmiedeler