Springdale Covered Bridge 16-52-01x
Historic American Buildings Survey Douglas Mccleery, Photographer June 1958 Exterior View: South-East
Photo taken by Historic American Buildings Survey
View photos at Library of Congress
BH Photo #129412
- Lost covered bridge over Stranger Creek near Springdale
- Leavenworth County, Kansas
- No longer exists
- Built ca. 1859; rehabilitated 1946; struck by lightning and burned 1958
- Covered Howe through truss
Length of largest span: 119.2 ft.
Total length: 219.0 ft.
Deck width: 14.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 18.8 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.27838, -95.10047 (decimal degrees)
39°16'42" N, 95°06'02" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/318823/4349772 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- WGCB 16-52-01x (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
BH 17933 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 18, 2021: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- November 7, 2015: New photos from Clark Vance
- July 7, 2013: Updated by Clark Vance: Added category "Destroyed by fire"
- December 26, 2012: Updated by Clark Vance: Loss details and link
- December 6, 2008: New photos from James Baughn