Edwards Road Bridge
NBI says steel stringer. Driving across it looked like a simple slab. There were light steel railings on each side.
As a note, the road is posted as minimum maintenance and looks like it would be difficult in very wet weather.
- Steel stringer bridge over Branch Creek on E-8 Edwards Dr.
- Leavenworth County, Kansas
- Open to traffic
- Built 1930
- Steel stringer (or simple slab) typical of earlier than 1930 NBI date
Length of largest span: 30.8 ft.
Total length: 32.2 ft.
Deck width: 13.8 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.40126, -95.09966 (decimal degrees)
39°24'05" N, 95°05'59" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/319210/4363410 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Oak Mills
- Land survey
- T. 7 S., R. 21 E., Sec. 32
- Average daily traffic (as of 2013)
- Inventory numbers
- KS 000521059303822 (Kansas local bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 54991 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of January 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 50.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- December 24, 2012: Added by Clark Vance
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com