Standing at intersection taking a photo looking to the east.
Photo taken by Courtney Carlson in March 2017
BH Photo #383902
A couple local people suggested this bridge. They call it the Graffiti bridge. I tried to find as much information as I could about it using Google but I really did not have much luck. I believe the bridge is still in use however I never observed a train go by on it. The bridge is located at 11000 Rd and X-Ray Rd outside of Oswego, KS. You could see years and years of different graffiti on the bridge and it made for some awesome photos!
- Bridge over 11000 Road on South Kansas and Oklahoma RR
- Oswego, Labette County, Kansas
- Looks like the railroad tracks are still in use. Fair overall condition
- - South Kansas & Oklahoma Railroad (SKOL)
- Deck plate girder
Total length: 35.0 ft.
Deck width: 9.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 12.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.14969, -95.09478 (decimal degrees)
37°08'59" N, 95°05'41" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/313969/4113532 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 33 S., R. 21 E., Sec. 22
- Inventory number
- BH 76197 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 22, 2017: Updated by Dana and Kay Klein: Added category "South Kansas & Oklahoma Railroad"
- March 21, 2017: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- March 21, 2017: Added by Courtney Carlson