Big Blue River Trib Bridge
Concrete fence railing
Intact on the west side, completely missing on the east.
Photo taken by Clark Vance in July 2011
BH Photo #204623
This road is a former alignment of US 69 which followed the route of the Ft. Leavenworth to Ft. Scott military road dating back to the early days of Kansas statehood. This bridge carried a significant amount of north-south traffic in eastern Kansas during the middle portion of the 20th century.
- Slab bridge over Big Blue River Trib on Metcalf Place (old US 69)
- Overland Park, Johnson County, Kansas
- Open to traffic
- Built 1926
Length of largest span: 19.0 ft.
Total length: 41.0 ft.
Deck width: 28.2 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.81722, -94.67167 (decimal degrees)
38°49'02" N, 94°40'18" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/354871/4297821 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 49146 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 04/2014)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 80.7 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- July 15, 2013: Updated by Clark Vance: Added category "Fence guardrail"
- November 27, 2011: New Street View added by Clark Vance
- July 20, 2011: Added by Clark Vance
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com