BNSF - Cross Creek Masonry Arch
Photo taken by Nick Schmiedeler in July 2018
BH Photo #430682
Beautiful masonry arch RR bridge (BNSF), parallel and just a few feet from low-water-level Kansas River, and also just a few dozen feet north of the old 87th St. - alignment road bridge which is now derelict and abandoned over the same unnamed creek.
- Brick arch bridge over Unnamed Creek on BNSF Railway
- Johnson County, Kansas
- Solid masonry arch, open to traffic
- Built 1902
- - Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (ATSF)
- BNSF Railway (BNSF)
- Brick and stone arch
Span length: 24.0 ft.
Total length: 24.0 ft.
Deck width: 20.0 ft.
- Also called
- BNSF Eudora-area Arch Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.97306, -95.03730 (decimal degrees)
38°58'23" N, 95°02'14" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/323511/4315760 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 82173 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 10, 2018: Updated by John Marvig: Added information from ATSF Railway Bridge Records
- July 10, 2018: Added by Nick Schmiedeler