Big Slough Creek Bridge
This is the correct bridge.
Photo taken by Robert Elder in September 2008
BH Photo #125317
See notes above, 1930 bridge moved down road to west now on private property, new 2018 bridge built in original location over creek
- Warren pony truss bridge moved 2018 to private property just west of old 98th St. Slough Creek crossing, now visible at dead end of 102nd St, new bridge at original location.
- Jefferson County, Kansas
- Bridge in original location over Creek on 98th St. taken up and move 1/2 mile to west on private property, new bridge st original location
- Built ca. 1930; rehabilitated 2000
- Warren Pony truss, moved 2018 to private property 1/2 mile west on 102nd St. and still visible from road, new concrete bridge over Creek in original location
Length of largest span: 80.0 ft.
Total length: 83.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.23055, -95.33983 (decimal degrees)
39°13'50" N, 95°20'23" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/298038/4344970 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numbers
- KS 000441035204061 (Kansas local bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 17808 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of August 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 47.6 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 17, 2019: New photos from Nick Schmiedeler
- October 18, 2016: Updated by Robert Elder: Added category "Riveted", removed category "Pin-connected".
- January 21, 2010: Updated by Robert Elder: Adjusted GPS Coordinates
- September 29, 2008: New photos from Robert Elder
- July 30, 2008: Updated by Robert Elder: Updated Categories
- February 27, 2008: Updated by Robert Elder: Edited "Overview" and "Design"
- February 4, 2008: New photo from Robert Elder
- Robert Elder - robertelder1 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Nick Schmiedeler - nick [at] nickschmiedeler [dot] com