James Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Nick Schmiedeler in December 2016
BH Photo #372610
Visit in Dec. 2016
A rare example of a pinned Warren pony truss.
- Pony truss bridge over James Creek on a local road, 5.0 mi. west and 2.3 mi. north of Delia
- Jackson County, Kansas
- Built in 1878 by the Milwaukee Bridge Works which would later become Milwaukee Bridge & Iron Works.
- - Milwaukee Bridge & Iron Works of Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Bridge Works of Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 3-panel, pinned Warren pony truss
Length of largest span: 40.0 ft.
Total length: 42.0 ft.
Deck width: 11.2 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.27075, -95.86815 (decimal degrees)
39°16'15" N, 95°52'05" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/252570/4350745 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Soldier Creek SE
- Inventory numbers
- KS 000430977004002 (Kansas local bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 40970 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 3, 2021: New video from Nick Schmiedeler
- July 30, 2017: New photos from Kevin Skow
- December 13, 2016: Updated by Robert Elder: Built 1878.
- December 11, 2016: Updated by Robert Elder: Added categories "Pin-connected", "Wrought Iron"
- December 10, 2016: New photos from Nick Schmiedeler
- January 26, 2010: Updated by Robert Elder: Added Builders, Edited Design and Design Description.
- Robert Elder - robertelder1 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Nick Schmiedeler - nick [at] nickschmiedeler [dot] com
- Kevin Skow - weatherbum [at] hotmail [dot] com