Honey Creek Bridge
This bridge is a five panel, pin connected Pratt through truss.
Photo taken by Robert Elder in October 2002
BH Photo #111870
Has the resemblance of a King built span.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Honey Creek, 2.5 mi. east of Climax
- Greenwood County, Kansas
- Built ca. 1890
- Pinned Pratt through truss, likely wrought iron.
Length of largest span: 80.0 ft.
Total length: 82.0 ft.
Deck width: 13.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.72225, -96.19772 (decimal degrees)
37°43'20" N, 96°11'52" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/746982/4178695 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Severy North
- Inventory numbers
- KS 000370943006140 (Kansas local bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 17781 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 09/2013)
- Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 19.4 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2006)
- November 1, 2016: Updated by Robert Elder: Edited Status.
- January 24, 2014: Updated by Tony Dillon: Fixed wayward coordinates
- January 4, 2012: Updated by Tony Dillon: Modified date
- July 13, 2011: Updated by Robert Elder: Added a common, but erroneous alternate name. Bridge is often called the "Otter Creek Bridge" even though it crosses Honey Creek.
- May 12, 2010: Updated by Robert Elder: Incorporated new NBI Data.
- February 8, 2010: Updated by Robert Elder: Adjusted GPS Coordinates.
- December 11, 2009: Updated by Robert Elder: Fixed GPS Coordinates
- March 2, 2008: Updated by Robert Elder: Edited "Name" and "Overview"
- February 27, 2008: Updated by Robert Elder
- February 18, 2008: New photo from Robert Elder
- Robert Elder - robertelder1 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com