Mitchell's Mills Bridge
Photo taken by Nick Schmiedeler in October 2016
BH Photo #367566
Bridge is on private property. As a courtesy to the landowner, please do not attempt to visit without permission. Landowner information will not be disseminated through this website.
The road was on the 1951 county road map along with state highway 18 built along the future I-70 alignment. Next edition was 1967 and the road was abandoned.
- Abandoned Whipple through truss bridge over Clarks Creek on Humboldt Creek Road (Abandoned Section - now Private)
- Geary County, Kansas
- Built 1878 by the King Iron Bridge Co. Abandoned after 1951.
- - King Iron Bridge Co. of Cleveland, Ohio [also known as King Bridge Co.]
- 10 panel, pin-connected Whipple through truss
- Also called
- Clarks Creek-Humboldt Creek Road Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.06491, -96.72135 (decimal degrees)
39°03'54" N, 96°43'17" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/697142/4326450 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 11 S., R. 6 E., Sec. 25
- Inventory number
- BH 72807 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 22, 2017: Updated by Dana and Kay Klein: Added category "Othmar H Ammann Award winner"
- December 23, 2016: Updated by Robert Elder: Edited Design Description
- October 18, 2016: Updated by Robert Elder: Edited multiple categories.
- October 16, 2016: Updated by Robert Elder: Added build date.
- October 16, 2016: New photos from Nick Schmiedeler
- October 15, 2016: Updated by Robert Elder: Added categories "Pin-connected", "Wrought Iron", "Cast iron"
- October 15, 2016: New photos from Nick Schmiedeler
- August 19, 2016: New Street View added by Robert Elder
- July 15, 2016: Added by Robert Elder
- Robert Elder - robertelder1 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Nick Schmiedeler - nick [at] nickschmiedeler [dot] com