Prairie Spirit Rail Trail - Middle Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Nick Schmiedeler in May 2020
BH Photo #472678
On Prairie Spirit Trail, bridge on line that dates back to Leavenworth, Lawrence & Galveston RR from 1860's, beautiful stone work. Build date comes from Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway bridge records at Temple, TX Railroad Museum.
- Deck Plate Girder bridge over Middle Creek on Prairie Spirit Rail Trail
- Princeton, Franklin County, Kansas
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 1897
- - Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (ATSF)
- Deck Plate Girder with stone abutments and pillars
Length of largest span: 108.0 ft.
Total length: 54.0 ft.
Deck width: 13.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.48254, -95.27489 (decimal degrees)
38°28'57" N, 95°16'30" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/301574/4261808 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 89377 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 24, 2020: Updated by John Marvig: added information from ATSF Bridge Records
- May 23, 2020: New photos from Nick Schmiedeler