Hall Street Bridge
An ordinary Interstate overpass, distinguished by having had the arm of an excavator rise from a trailer being towed beneath smash through the deck. A 45ft section of the bridge had to be replaced. Photos in the link from Feb 2006 are unique.
The replacement section can be seen in the satellite view.
- Concrete deck girder bridge over Interstate 70 on Hall Street
- Hays, Ellis County, Kansas
- Open to traffic
- Built 1964
- - King Construction Inc.
- Concrete Box girder
Length of largest span: 76.0 ft.
Total length: 268.5 ft.
- Also called
- 240th Avenue Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.90562, -99.33586 (decimal degrees)
38°54'20" N, 99°20'09" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/470878/4306356 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Hays North
- Inventory number
- BH 53478 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 8, 2012: Added by Clark Vance