Deer Creek Branch Bridge
Photo taken by Nick Schmiedeler
BH Photo #400254
Neat old pony truss bridge, est. construction date 1930's. Glad previous landowner opted to save this one from inundation 40+ years ago. Can be seen from road in Fall.
- Abandoned pony truss bridge over Unnamed Creek
- Stull, Douglas County, Kansas
- Derelict/abandoned, no decking, 3' wide catwalk running length
- Spoke with landowner, said that previous owner of the property heard of a local bridge just south of current location over Dry Creek becoming available during construction of Clinton Lake in the early 1970's, moved to current spot over small creek
- Pony truss, moved from a Dry Creek crossing just south of current location in 1970's during construction of Clinton Lake, saving it from inundation. Current property owner stated that past property owner knew the bridge was "overkill" as a crossing for the small creek on the property but just liked having it as a crossing for some of his livestock and dogs. Decking gone now, catwalk still intact, nice dog on property gave me the tour of the surrounding area.
Span length: 32.0 ft.
Total length: 32.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.0 ft.
- Also called
- Dry Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.95738, -95.45700 (decimal degrees)
38°57'27" N, 95°27'25" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/287102/4314918 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 78218 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 20, 2017: Added by Nick Schmiedeler