BNSF - Oakley Creek Bridge
BNSF Oakley Creek Bridge
Photo taken by John Marvig in September 2018
BH Photo #436809
Build date given by 1984 Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Bridge Book. Rebuilt in 1921 using a technique known as "doubling up", where an additional line of girders, generally from scrap girders, would be added to create a four girder structure.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Oakley Creek on BNSF Railway
- Douglas County, Kansas
- Open to traffic
- Built 1884, Strengthened 1921
- - Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (ATSF)
- BNSF Railway (BNSF)
- Deck plate girder
Span length: 75.0 ft.
Total length: 75.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.03683, -95.36567 (decimal degrees)
39°02'13" N, 95°21'56" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/295246/4323526 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 83257 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 26, 2018: Added by John Marvig