BNSF Baldwin Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Nick Schmiedeler in November 2020
BH Photo #486221
Possibly the tallest plate girders I've ever seen, 8' - 10' tall? One plaque per side both removed at some point, this bridge very close to the energy center.
- Through plate girder bridge over Baldwin Creek on BNSF Railway
- Lawrence, Douglas County, Kansas
- Open to traffic
- Built 1903
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- - Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (ATSF)
- BNSF Railway (BNSF)
- Pony plate girder
Span length: 105.0 ft.
Total length: 105.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.01192, -95.27649 (decimal degrees)
39°00'43" N, 95°16'35" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/302897/4320564 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 91275 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 21, 2020: Updated by John Marvig: added information from ATSF bridge records
- November 21, 2020: New photos from Nick Schmiedeler