Doniphan Co. Waddell "A" Truss Bridge (New Location)
Photo taken by Nick Schmiedeler in October 2017
BH Photo #406027
This is the only Waddell "A" Truss bridge remaining in Kansas. Please see sign photo for all information. Originally built in 1900 on Monument Road near the town of Doniphan - a likely spot would be about a mile east of Mineral Point Rd. where a small tributary of the Missouri River crosses to the north under Monument Rd. and a small modern bridge stands today. Moved to Troy Community Park in pieces and re-assembled in 2015, modified from its original 20' wide to a 6' wide pedestrian bridge. So cool. Again, please see sign photo for more detail.
- Waddell "A" through truss bridge over Unnamed Creek
- Troy, Doniphan County, Kansas
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 1900
- Waddell "A" through truss
Total length: 36.0 ft.
Deck width: 6.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 8.0 ft.
- Also called
- Monument Rd. Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.78813, -95.09554 (decimal degrees)
39°47'17" N, 95°05'44" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/320566/4406343 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 78762 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 14, 2017: Added by Nick Schmiedeler