Branch Missouri River Bridge
Photo taken by Robert Elder
BH Photo #110257
Probably built locally using parts reused from other bridges. Now relocated to a park.
- Pony truss bridge over a branch of Missouri River, 1.2 mi. east of Doniphan
- Doniphan County, Kansas
- Replaced but relocated and open to pedestrians in new location.
- Built ca. 1920
- Kingpost pony truss
Length of largest span: 34.1 ft.
Total length: 35.1 ft.
Deck width: 20.3 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Doniphan County Waddell Truss Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.64397, -95.05382 (decimal degrees)
39°38'38" N, 95°03'14" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/323772/4390257 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Atchison NE
- Land survey
- T. 5 S., R. 21 E., Sec. 3
- Average daily traffic (as of 2005)
- Inventory numbers
- KS 000221063203487 (Kansas local bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 17684 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2012)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Imminent Failure (1 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 37 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- January 22, 2010: Updated by Robert Elder: Adjusted GPS Coordinates
- June 24, 2009: Updated by Robert Elder