RI - West Lyon Creek Bridge
Abandoned West Lyon Creek Bridge
Photo taken by John Marvig in March 2017
BH Photo #382406
Likely the original bridge at this location, constructed when the Rock Island built here in 1887
- Abandoned Pony Truss bridge over West Lyon Creek on Abandoned Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad
- Dickinson County, Kansas
- Built Ca. 1887
- - Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad (CRIP (1866-1920); RI (1920-1975) ROCK (1975-1980))
- Double-intersection Warren pony truss
Span length: 58.0 ft.
Total length: 58.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.78141, -96.96213 (decimal degrees)
38°46'53" N, 96°57'44" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/677012/4294492 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 15 S., R. 4 E., Sec. 2
- 1210 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 67547 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 16, 2017: Updated by Robert Elder: Added category "Riveted"
- March 10, 2017: New photos from John Marvig
- January 9, 2017: Updated by Robert Elder: Edited Description.
- May 12, 2015: Added by Robert Elder
- Robert Elder - robertelder1 [at] gmail [dot] com
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com