Cowley County Poor Farm Bridge
Poor farm Bridge refl
Photo taken by Jeff Smail
License: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (CC BY-NC-SA)
BH Photo #432262
Just past this bridge there is an old stone house I believe was used for the poor farm, pictured. Down the Joel Mack rd is the County Poor Farm Cemetery.
- Stone arch bridge over Tributary of Black Crook Creek on Private
- Winfield, Cowley County, Kansas
- Open to authorized vehicles only
- Built 1908
- Stone arch
Length of largest span: 10.0 ft.
Total length: 40.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.0 ft.
- Also called
- Poor Farm Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.22277, -96.97308 (decimal degrees)
37°13'22" N, 96°58'23" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/679829/4121509 (zone/easting/northing)
- Land survey
- T. 32 S., R. 4 E., Sec. 34
- Inventory number
- BH 82389 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 27, 2018: Added by Jeff Smail