KYLE - Republican River Bridge
Photo taken by Robert L Elder
BH Photo #103045
Date stamp gives date of 1944, although truss appears to date to late 1890s. Kansas State Railroad master plan from 2017 gives plan to rebuild bridge in the future.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Republican River on the Kyle Railroad, northwest of Concordia
- Cloud County, Kansas
- South truss is intact, north portion of span has been rebuilt as of 8.26.2020.
- Originally on a Missouri Pacific line
- - Kyle Railroad (KYLE)
- Missouri Pacific Railroad (MP)
- Two pin-connected, 6-panel Pratt through trusses
Length of largest span: 152.0 ft.
Total length: 465.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.62542, -97.76460 (decimal degrees)
39°37'32" N, 97°45'53" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/606029/4386913 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 5 S., R. 4 W., Sec. 9
- 1380 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 17600 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 26, 2020: New photos from David Larson
- January 6, 2020: Updated by John Marvig: added information
- November 6, 2017: New photos from Nick Schmiedeler
- June 26, 2017: Updated by Robert Elder: Bridge is not quite lost - one span is still standing.
- September 16, 2016: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- December 25, 2015: Updated by Luke: Updated status per forum comment
- November 27, 2010: New photos from Joe Underwood
- March 4, 2010: Updated by Robert Elder: Adjusted GPS Coordinates
- July 9, 2008: Updated by Robert Elder: Edited location in overview and updated categories.
- October 2, 2006: Posted photo from Robert L Elder