BNSF - Buffalo Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Nick Schmiedeler in August 2018
BH Photo #434808
Great stone pillars on this old RR bridge, very strange enormous pile of General Motors (only) crushed cars from the 50's and 60's under southeast approach
- Deck plate girder bridge over Buffalo Creek on BNSF Railway
- Yuma, Cloud County, Kansas
- Open to traffic
- Built 1900
- - Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (ATSF)
- BNSF Railway (BNSF)
- Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 60.0 ft.
Total length: 182.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.58781, -97.72763 (decimal degrees)
39°35'16" N, 97°43'39" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/609261/4382782 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 82901 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 6, 2020: New photos from John Marvig
- October 19, 2019: Updated by John Marvig: added information from ATSF Bridge Records
- September 18, 2018: Added by Nick Schmiedeler