Quivira Scout Camp Bridge
Quivira Scout Bridge
A view as looking back to the West.
Photo taken by Robert
BH Photo #168305
This bridge is located over the Big Caney Creek or the Quivira Scout Camp Lake. As you cross the bridge the camp is back to the East and cannot be see from the road. If I recall the history right the bridge was built at the same time the dam to the lake was built.
- Pony truss bridge over North Caney Creek, 7.0 mi. north and 1.0 mi. west of Sedan
- Chautauqua County, Kansas
- Open to traffic
- Built 1909 in Wichita. Replaced 1963. Moved to this site in 1965.
- Three polygonal Warren pony trusses
Length of largest span: 67.9 ft.
Total length: 211.9 ft.
Deck width: 19.3 ft.
- Also called
- Greiffenstein Bridge.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.24173, -96.20747 (decimal degrees)
37°14'30" N, 96°12'27" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/747706/4125343 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2013)
- Inventory numers
- KS 000100941606801 (Kansas local bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 17551 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of August 2015)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 36.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- February 28, 2017: Updated by Robert Elder: Edited History. Added Alternate Name.
- January 17, 2017: New photos from Robert Elder
- July 5, 2012: Updated by Robert Elder: Added categories "Relocated", "Riveted"
- July 15, 2010: New photo from Robert Elder
- January 21, 2010: Updated by Robert Elder: Updated multiple categories.
- October 2, 2009: Added by Robert Elder
- Robert Elder - robertelder1 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Robert - gin-rob [at] sbcglobal [dot] net