West Joseph Street Bridge
Photo taken by Nick Schmiedeler in April 2017
BH Photo #385046
The county highway map shows K-196 appearing some time after 1936 and prior to 1954, probably in 1949 when the bridge to the south was built.
- Bridge over Diamond Creek on West Joseph Street (NW 80th St)
- Butler County, Kansas
- Open to traffic, posted for load
- Bypassed ca 1950 but still open.
Length of largest span: 30.8 ft.
Total length: 69.9 ft.
Deck width: 20.7 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.94172, -97.03020 (decimal degrees)
37°56'30" N, 97°01'49" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/673088/4201179 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 24 S., R. 4 E., Sec. 19
- Inventory numbers
- KS 000080853705840 (Kansas local bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 72785 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 02/2015)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Appraisal: Not deficient
Sufficiency rating: 91.1 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- April 1, 2017: New photos from Nick Schmiedeler
- July 13, 2016: Added by Clark Vance
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com
- Nick Schmiedeler - nick [at] nickschmiedeler [dot] com