Augusta Vicinity Whitewater River Bridge
Photo provided by Jim Lytton
BH Photo #247785
This bridge is now owned privately, and is located on private property. As a courtesy to the landowner, please do not visit without permission. Landowner information will not be disseminated on this website.
The road, now called SW 90th Street, and bridge are shown on the 1970 county road map. The 1975 map shows no county road along the entire mile of border between sections 16 and 21. Again, the bridge is owned privately now.
This bridge was likely part of an early road from Augusta to Wichita.
- Abandoned Pratt through truss bridge over Whitewater River on SW 90th St (Abandoned)
- Butler County, Kansas
- Built in 1886 by P.E. Lane
- - P.E. Lane of Chicago, Illinois
- 8 panel, pin-connected Pratt through truss
- Also called
- Lily Lake Bridge
Whitewater River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.69354, -96.99680 (decimal degrees)
37°41'37" N, 96°59'48" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/676614/4173701 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 27 S., R. 4 E., Sec. 21
- 1210 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 48844 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 11, 2019: Updated by Robert Elder: Added category "Pipe Railing"
- May 30, 2017: Updated by Robert Elder: Minor edit - fixed typo.
- December 19, 2016: Updated by Robert Elder: Added Alternate Name.
- November 16, 2016: New photos from Robert Elder
- November 3, 2016: New photos from Robert Elder
- October 11, 2016: New photo from Robert Elder
- September 16, 2016: New photos from Robert Elder
- August 28, 2016: Updated by Robert Elder: Bridge is owned privately.
- August 17, 2016: New photos from Robert Elder
- July 25, 2016: Updated by Robert Elder: Edited Design description category and added steel stringer to the Approach categories.
- July 12, 2016: Updated by Robert Elder: Added Category Whitewater River (Kansas)
- June 27, 2016: New Street View added by Robert Elder
- February 5, 2013: New photo from Robert Elder
- January 29, 2013: New photos from Tony Dillon
- January 29, 2013: Updated by Robert Elder: Added categories "Wrought iron", "Wooden deck", "Pin-connected"
- January 28, 2013: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added likely builder and date
- June 3, 2011: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added road per Bing map view.
- June 3, 2011: Added by Robert Elder
- Robert Elder - robertelder1 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com