Amelia Earhart Bridge (New)
Please put updated Streetviews on this page.
Written by Robert Elder
Yes, I know this bridge is modern. In fact, it does not even appear in the NBI yet. I decided to add it for two reasons.
1. It is more interesting than a pre-stressed concrete slab, and some of the engineering folks on here might find it interesting.
2. Any updated streetviews can be placed on this page, instead of the page for the historic Amelia Earhart bridge.
- Network arch bridge over Missouri River on U.S. 59
- Atchison, Atchison County, Kansas, and Buchanan County, Missouri
- Open to traffic
- Built 2012, replacing the historic Amelia Earhart Bridge
- Network arch
Length of largest span: 526.9 ft.
Total length: 2,545.7 ft. (0.5 mi.)
Deck width: 69.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.55940, -95.11349 (decimal degrees)
39°33'34" N, 95°06'49" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/318431/4380990 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Atchison East
- Inventory numbers
- KDOT 0003-B0055 (Kansas Dept. of Transportation bridge number)
BH 58889 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 05/2015)
- Deck condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 91.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- December 3, 2016: New photo from Nick Schmiedeler
- February 12, 2015: Photo imported by Dave King
- November 26, 2013: Essay added by Robert Elder
- Robert Elder - robertelder1 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Nick Schmiedeler - nick [at] nickschmiedeler [dot] com