Prairie Spirit Rail Trail - Branch Pottawotomie Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Nick Schmiedeler in May 2020
BH Photo #472674
Bridge now on Prairie Spirit Trail, original Leavenworth, Lawrence & Galveston RR line dates back to 1860's....triple beautiful stone pillars. Build date comes from Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway bridge records at Temple, TX Railroad Museum.
- Deck Plate Girder bridge over Branch of Pottawatomie Creek on Prairie Spirit Rail Trail
- Anderson County, Kansas
- Built 1900
- - Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (ATSF)
- Steel stringer with old stone pillars
Length of largest span: 30.0 ft.
Total length: 120.0 ft.
Deck width: 13.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.34430, -95.23620 (decimal degrees)
38°20'39" N, 95°14'10" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/304577/4246383 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 89376 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 24, 2020: Updated by John Marvig: added information from ATSF Bridge Records
- May 23, 2020: New photos from Nick Schmiedeler