Prairie Spirit Rail Trail - Pottawatomie Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Nick Schmiedeler in May 2020
BH Photo #472669
Build date comes from Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway bridge records at Temple, TX Railroad Museum.
- Steel stringer bridge over Pottawatomie Creek on Prairie Spirit Rail Trail
- Anderson County, Kansas
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 1898; Center spans damaged by flooding in 2007, replaced in 2009 by steel beams
- - Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (ATSF)
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 160.0 ft.
Total length: 320.0 ft.
Deck width: 13.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.33435, -95.24423 (decimal degrees)
38°20'04" N, 95°14'39" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/303848/4245296 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Garnett East
- Inventory number
- BH 60165 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 24, 2020: Updated by John Marvig: added information from ATSF Bridge Records
- May 23, 2020: New photos from Nick Schmiedeler
- March 8, 2014: Added by Luke Harden