Batson Covered Bridge
Historic postcard photo
BH Photo #488762
Very little is known about this bridge. My dad is from Warren and other than knowing that the Batson family owned all of the land around this crossing, nothing else was remembered about the bridge.
Featured a scalloped portal design that was used by the Western Bridge Company. They would soon reorganize as the Western Bridge Works, and would transition from wooden to iron truss bridges.
- Lost Covered Howe truss bridge over Salamonie River near the current SR-3 Bridge.
- Wells County, Indiana
- No longer exists
- - Western Bridge Co. of Ft. Wayne, Indiana
- Howe through truss
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.63513, -85.37206 (decimal degrees)
40°38'06" N, 85°22'19" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/637667/4499528 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 84856 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 23, 2023: New photo from David Shedlock
- August 9, 2022: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added loss date based on Melissa's article.
- August 9, 2022: New photo from Melissa Brand-Welch
- January 14, 2021: New photo from Mike Daffron
- May 2, 2020: New photo from Mike Daffron
- March 31, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Mike Daffron - daffmikron [at] gmail [dot] com
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com
- David Shedlock