Old SR 303 Wabash River Bridge
Photo taken by Tom Hall
BH Photo #115678
This span was originally built by the Indiana State Highway Commission on what was then State Route 303. This state road was decommissioned at a later time and became a county road.
- Through truss bridge over Wabash River on CR 300 West
- Wells County, Indiana
- Closed while deck is being replaced
- Built ca. 1930
- Two riveted Parker through trusses
Length of largest span: 149.9 ft.
Total length: 306.0 ft.
Deck width: 23.9 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.80167, -85.27972 (decimal degrees)
40°48'06" N, 85°16'47" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/645114/4518164 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 9000144 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 17300 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2015)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 59.5 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- May 26, 2016: Updated by Tony Dillon: Nathan Holth reported on 05/19 that the deck was being replaced, hopefully good news for the longevity of this structure!
- October 10, 2013: New Street View added by J.P.
- November 27, 2010: New photos from Anthony Dillon
- Tom Hall - thomas [dot] hall [at] ffni [dot] com
- Satolli Glassmeyer - info [at] scenicroadrallies [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com