Eightmile Creek CR 100W Bridge
Photo courtesy of the Indiana State Department of Natural Resource, Division of Historic Preservation and Archaeology.
BH Photo #190204
This nice little filled-spandrel arch still exists although retrofitted with a wider deck and ugly replacement railings.
Markings on the face of the arch are suggestive of other spans built by the Burk Construction Co. of New Castle, Indiana.
- Arch bridge over Eightmile Creek on CR 100 West
- Wells County, Indiana
- Open to traffic
- Built ca. 1925
- - Burk Construction Co. of New Castle, Indiana (likely fabricators)
- Filled-spandrel arch
Span length: 55.1 ft.
Total length: 55.1 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Wells County Bridge #139
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.89972, -85.24194 (decimal degrees)
40°53'59" N, 85°14'31" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/648082/4529113 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 9000105 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 17287 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2015)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 71.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- February 13, 2019: New Street View added by Jeff Wieland
- December 11, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: added new information
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Jeff Wieland